Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I have been to a number of job interviews recently. If you would like to have a go at some of the type of puzzles and get prepared for an interview have a look at techinterview.org I especially like the Pirates Problem and Switches puzzle.

A presentation seminar given by google is here Good information on GoogleFS and how they use Map/Reduce style of programming to make programming for clusters simple.

An article on Slashdot about Introducing Children to Computer Programming. I think this could be a big problem for the IT industry if kids grow up that are not interested in how computers work. I think the suggestion someone had for using Lego Mindstorms is probably the best here. I never had this - but I know that Lego appeals to the same group of people that would enjoy computer programming.

Last thing for today. Everyone should get educated about Phising Scams. Take the MailFrontier Phishing IQ Test now. I only got 50% :-(

No comments: