Wednesday, January 05, 2005

More IDEs for the world. This time a basic language and form designer for linux called Gambas.

Search
Another search engine called snap is meant to capture info on where users go after they have searched. Listen to a talk on Snap over at ITconversatoins. I still think that a system that also lets users rate search results and tries to categorise and suggest how the search terms could be rewritten would be useful., but snap seems to have some good ideas.

If you are interested in search engines there is a large list and news items over at searchenginewatch I quite like Teoma because of the way it can group items Also I think google (see yesterdays blog entry for a link to a great presentation) could exploit the Personal Web Search facility more. Also I often want to refind things and so far no-one has come up with tools for learning from my browsers history and then searching the sites that I mainly go to. Of course this "On Search, The Series" is a great resource from Tim Bray. All you ever wanted to know about how a search engine works.

No comments: